ACC may owe you a refund!

By on 23rd January 2019

If you were in your first year of self-employment between 2002 and 2017 or paid provisional ACC levies after ceasing trading, ACC may owe you a refund. Customers receiving refunds will also receive an interest payment.

ACC will refund:

• all first-year levies collected between 2002-2017 from self-employed customers who worked full-time (averaged over 30 hours per week over the financial year), did not have a mix of employee and self-employed earnings and did not cease being self-employed in the same year.

• all businesses who paid provisional invoices and weren’t required to do so because they later ceased trading or changed their business structure.

ACC expects the refund process to be completed by 31 March 2019.


To find out if you are eligible for a refund go to or use MyACC for Business. If you may be eligible, you’ll be prompted to provide up-todate contact details. For more information and updates about ACC levy refunds go to, call 0900 222 776, or email


Call us on 04 4771801 or contact us today