Please file all returns on time
IRD have asked that all returns are filed on time – this information is used to make the correct payments to people, and to help the Government respond to what is happening in the economy.
Also this information is important as evidence of ongoing business activity is required to ensure that applications for RSP (Resurgence Payment), Small Business Cashflow Scheme and applications for the wage subsidy (through MSD) progress quickly.
What to do if you are unable to pay the amount due?
If you unable to pay the amount due to IRD please get in touch with IRD as soon as practicable to set up an instalment arrangement.
If they are informed that their clients have been adversely impacted by COVID-19, and they pay the outstanding core tax as soon as practicable the IRD will automatically write off any penalties and interest.
How do I make this request from IRD?
We can advise IRD on your behalf or alternatively you can contact IRD through myIR under the I want to menu. Please choose “Notify of impact by COVID-19“.
By making this request you will be asked to confirm that:
- Some, or all of the amounts owing were due on or after 14 February 2020
- Your ability to pay by the due date, either physically or financially, has been significantly affect by COVID-19
- You have contacted the Commissioner as soon as practicable to request relief and you will pay the outstanding core tax as soon as practicable.
What information should I provide?:
- Outline your request,
- how your business has been impacted
- the tax you are unable to pay,
- how long you would like the instalment arrangement to be over,
- when you want to make the first payment
Information you could be asked to provide:
- Three months bank statements and credit card statements
- Management accounting information
- A list of aged creditors and debtors
Inland Revenue will be looking to understand the customer’s plan to sustain their busisness.
We are here to help you, if you require assistance to submit a request please do not hesitate to contact us by phoning 04 477 1801 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org.